Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer Aspen Tree Paintings

aspen art, tree art, birch tree paintings
©1990-till present: Aspen Tree Paintings by Jill Saur, all rights reserved
Trees are my favorite subject to paint!  What's the allure?  Since the beginning of time, trees have been and continue to be used to teach us great lessons in life.  In the world of art, I've been inspired by Claude Monet and Vincent Van Gogh's renderings of trees. 
However, the single painting that influenced my love for telling stories by the rendering of trees was one painting that I saw when I was a teenager.  In fact, I watched every soulful stroke being applied as one of her many trees came to life.  The artist was my mother.  Her lyrical painting glowed with light that emanated deep inside the forest, where a little cabin rested comfortably in the woods.  Her trees conveyed intense emotions.  I was captivated by this beautiful medium that could be a vehicle to express the human spirit!  Paint is my medium of expression and trees are most often my storytellers.  
These two 36"x48" acrylic paintings on canvas are for sale.  These works are uplifting and full of life.  The story?  Well, it's in the painting! - Jill Saur    My Website